The fuel tank is one of the most important parts of a car. Today, the editor will lead you to learn more about plastic fuel tanks!
1. Metal fuel tanks are prone to electric sparks, while plastic fuel tanks do not have this problem.
2. Metal fuel tanks are generally welded and formed with welded seams, which are prone to breakage when subjected to severe impact, while plastic fuel tanks are blow-molded at one time, which has better impact resistance and deformation and cracking resistance.
3. The plastic fuel tank has better anti-corrosion performance of the external environment and oil erosion, and can maintain good performance after long-term use.
4. Plastic fuel tanks have better design freedom. With the continuous advancement of automobile design technology, the space left for fuel tanks at the bottom of the car is getting smaller and smaller, and various special-shaped spaces are more and more workable for metal forged fuel tanks. The harder it is, it creates insurmountable obstacles.
5. From the perspective of energy saving and environmental protection, the weight of plastic fuel tanks is generally only one-half of the weight of metal fuel tanks, which can directly reduce the weight of the car, thereby reducing the energy consumption of the car. In addition, the reuse rate of plastic fuel tanks can reach more than 90%.
When should I clean the plastic fuel tank
The plastic fuel tank itself is equipped with protective measures, which can be waterproof and thermally insulated. But if you are idling for a long time, you may need to clean the oil circuit when the oil circuit is 30,000 kilometers; otherwise, if the oil circuit is blocked and the air pressure in the fuel tank is too high, the car will shake during driving. The phenomenon.
How to clean a plastic fuel tank
The cleaning of the plastic fuel tank is divided into internal and external.
External: It is necessary to check the oil tank, oil pipes, joints and other places for dents or oil leakage. Remember to check whether the fixing screws of the fuel tank bracket are tightened.
Inside: Open the fuel tank port, take out the filter drum, and suck out the oil. Only about 30L of gasoline is left in the tank. Insert the cleaned plastic pipe from the fuel filler port to the bottom of the fuel tank, and gently blow the gasoline at the bottom of the fuel tank to roll over to achieve the cleaning effect.
In fact, whether it is a metal fuel tank or a plastic fuel tank, the car that suits you is the most important thing. The fuel tank is the top priority for the safety of the entire vehicle. Therefore, don't forget the daily maintenance and cleaning of the fuel tank!